Monday, October 22, 2007

I won the Area contest!



I won first place in the area level of competition for the Toastmasters Humorous speech contest on Saturday!! I did my "Prague" speech and while I didn't get as many laughs as I have gotten in the past, it was still a technically flawless presentation. I'm very happy with my delivery.

The contest hierarchy goes as follows: 1) club level, 2) area level, 3) division level and finally 4) district level. The Division contest is in two weeks!

I also won 2nd place in the TableTopics category. TableTopics is a 1-2 minute impromptu speaking competition.

I marvel at how far I've come this year. Learning to be a better public speaker was a New Year's resolution that I've actually kept. Back in January, I was terrified to get in front of a crowd....now, I can't wait! Quite a change in attitude.

On To Division!

No comments: