Sunday, October 28, 2007

Man's Best Friend


Okay, I'll admit it....I once got into a pissing contest with my dog.

We were out in the deep woods chasing rabbits (okay...HE was chasing rabbits), on a glorious Fall afternoon, about a mile or two away from civilization. I had to pee. Sooo...I began to relieve myself against a nearby tree. My dog, who was maybe 25-30 yards ahead of me, immediately alerted, ears and nose pricking up, and came running at me in a beeline....stopping right in front of me. I had to stop doing what I was doing to avoid soaking man's best friend. My dog looked up at me, sniffed the bottom of the tree, and hiked his leg up and began to whizz.

I waited patiently for him to walk smugly away, then finished peeing atop where he had just sprinkled. Folks, I've never seen a dog look so irritated in my life. He sauntered back and peed over where I'd finished, then gave me a look that said "top that!"

So I did.

I managed to shake out 3 or 4 drops just to piss him off (bad pun intended). He sniffed some more.

I was jeering at him by now... "Come on, you mutt...I can do this all day, dog!"

...and I looked down in time to notice he was pooping on my foot.

1 comment:

Michael Erwine said...

That little statue is one of the most popular attractions in Brussels. Throngs of people go to watch it every day.

Maybe because there is so little else of interest in Brussels, except the waterzooi!