Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Key To Working Out: A "Jensen Effect" Story

I've been on a tremendous fitness kick for the past four months, hitting the gym 4 or 5 times a week. I'm seeing positive results, which is always good.

Yesterday was heavy lifting Saturday. I had a great workout in a crowded gym (lots of folks still keeping their New Years resolutions) and came back to my locker. I have black keyed heavy duty Masterlock, easily identifiable because the letter M in Masterlock is worn completely off. I put my key into my "_asterlock" and...nothing.

It would NOT open. I tried and tried but for whatever reason, the key wouldn't turn. I figured something inside must have broken, I wasn't too surprised, I've used that lock for years.

So I went outside to the front desk and asked for the maintenance guy. Maintenance guy comes back to the locker room with the biggest set of lock cutters I've ever seen....I am thinking this must be a rather common situation. He flexes his muscles, one large snip and the lock is history.

Except....

Those aren't my clothes inside.

I stand there with an absolutely incredulous look on my face and it slowly dawns on me that I am ONE ROW OFF on the lockers and someone had the exact same lock I had with the exact same letter M worn off.


No comments: