Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fashionista!

I was feeling decidedly thinner today so I thought I'd go see if I could achieve the "Holy Grail" and fit into a pair of jeans with a 34-inch waist (a feat not accomplished since 1978).

I went to my favorite designer jeans store, Joe's Jeans. My lovely Vietnamese fashion adviser, Thieu, actually remembered me, probably because of the large amount of money I've spent there a few months back replenishing my suddenly too-big wardrobe.

I certainly remembered her, mostly because of her charming little habit of walking into my dressing room unannounced while I was in the midst of changing clothes. Well, fool me once, yada yada....I made sure to wear underwear this trip.

Anyway, I asked for and got some 34-inch waist jeans...and I was able to fit into them. Technically, anyway. I was able to close the top button, although breathing was a bit difficult....but hey, I was fittin' into 34 inch pants! Goal achieved and sexy level 10 achievement unlocked!

Then I saw the look in Thieu's eyes. My face turned red. "I look like a stuffed sausage, don't I?"  I'd recognized that look of disgust from women back when I was obese. She nodded.

Oh well, I can still fit into slim fit 36 inch pants!  I bought a pair of 36s and decided that Christmas day would be my new 34-inch goal.

2 comments:

Rich Hopkins said...

You'll get there Bob! Watching your transformation has been an inspiration for me as I make my own way through this process.

Abel said...

Good show. I recently got into snug 38s. But not too snug to wear. :-) Just gotta keep going.